Google

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Marion Jones

"...and so it is with a great amount of shame that I stand before you and tell you that I have betrayed your trust."

"...I am responsible fully for my actions. I have no one to blame but myself for what I've done."

"...I have been dishonest and you have the right to be angry with me. I have let (my family) down. I have let my country down, and I have let myself down. I recognize that by saying that I'm deeply sorry, it might not be enough and sufficient to address the pain and the hurt that I've caused you. Therefore, I want to ask for your forgiveness for my actions, and I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me."

Marion Jones on a news conference (2007-10-05).


In a tearful apology, Marion Jones, winner of three golds and two bronze medals in 2000 Olympics, admitted she used steriods.

But wow! I say, what a revelation!!!

Indeed, this was a sad day for sport. But what a brave decision to finally admit the shameful act she had done. What a heart to face an angry world!!!


And so, to Marion Jones...

Though the world is upset, I still salute you for having the guts to face it, despite the consequences.

With the International Olympic Committee stripping you of your medals, you're not an Olympic champion anymore. But you became a different champion. You might just won the heart of many for your bravery.

Goodluck!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!
So touching...
I agree with you, bro!
Keep on writing articles!