Google

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Philippine Airlines

Philippine Airline really lived up to its name. And it has become a trademark so well-known around the globe!

Oh, the first few statements may be misleading. This is not something Filipinos can be proud of. I'm not talking about their name as Philippine Airline. I'm talking about their acronym PAL, so popular worldwide, which simply stands for "Plane Always Late."

As I came to write something about this topic, I suddenly remember that the first ever flight I had was in fact with PAL. Of course, having your first ever experience to board a plane could be so exciting. But then the excitement was spoiled by an announcement. "Attention to all passengers of Philippine Airline Flight PR310, your boarding time has been delayed due to bla, bla, bla..."

I was 11 then, now I'm turning 25. That was almost 14 years and yet, Philippine Airline have no signs of getting their planes on scheduled time. My latest flight with PAL, it was like as usual. Here I was feeling so irritated. Then a foreigner sitting beside me, who is a frequent PAL flyer, calmly came to say, "It's nothing new..."

Woah, am I not a Filipino! And so, I was like, "Oh yeah, indeed!"

Basically, I don't think this reputation will give a huge organization like them any benefit. Surprizingly, it seems the business is good and they are still doing well!

So it makes me wonder...

Are these passengers contented with the way PAL operate, or they just don't have any options? Or maybe these passengers are used to it, that they willingly accepted the fact that Philippine Airline planes are always late? Is the Philippine Airline organization contented with this kind of reputation? And can we Filipinos, live-up with "Filipino Time" being globally referred to as always behind the schedule?


Anyway, PAL isn't the only one that should carry all the insult. This goes out to all the Filipinos in general. Believe me, it's in the blood. So the acronym PAL may after all, eventually mean "Philippine Always Late."

No comments: